History of Palatinus Bath
The Open-Air Bath, located on the Margit island, in a nature conservation area, was opened as a beach on the bank of the Danube in 1919. With the construction of the large pool it was transformed in 1921 into an open-air bath.
Owing to its high popularity it had to be expanded, therefore an architectural project tender was launched in 1937, as a result of which the plans composed by István Janáky were accepted. The current installation was completed on the basis of these plans. Its pools are supplied by the thermal springs of the Margit Island. In the second half of the 1980s, a five-path chute was built. The open-air bath, also equipped with a wave-bath pool, allocated in a park area, is visited by many foreign guests, in addition to the Hungarian ones. There are sports grounds and playgrounds for children, offering excellent distraction facilities for all age groups. In 2002 the pools of the Open-Air Bath were modernised, they were equipped with water filtering and revolving devices. The swimming pool was shaped into three sections: swimming pool, fancy pool and beach pool. Of these, the fancy pool is expecting visitors with neck shower, effervescence generator and whirling corridor.
Pictures of the Open-Air Bath can be seen in the Virtual Tour.